Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Dilution Lab

Lab set-up


Lindsi measuring the water
                                        
In this lab we had to practice calculating serial dilutions through diluting food coloring in water. First we started with a solution with ten drops of food coloring then gave it a series of dilutions until it became clear again. It took six dilutions to bring the solution back to clear. I found that the color gradient in the end looked really neat. It was a helpful practice in calculating dilutions.

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures look really cool and colorful and I like how you included the picture of the set-up of the lab. I agree that it was helpful for practicing these dilutions because they're kinda confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this lab, because we were able to physically see what we were learning about on paper, which is much more interesting than I thought it would be. I agree that this lab helped us practice the math within dilutions as we could see the ratios as we were taking the solution from one cup to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lab was very fun! I liked how we got to see the concentration change and get extra practice for the dilution equations!

    ReplyDelete