Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Beanium Lab

The Beanium Lab consisted of weighing and calculating the atomic weight of the newly discovered element beanium, There were four different isotopes of beanium, white, pinto, black, and red. The average mass of the isotope was calulated, and using this information, the % abundance of the isotope was calculated as well. With the % abundance, the average atomic mass was calculated. This lab helped me apply what I learned so far in this unit, and it helped me practice finding average atomic mass.
The data table used for the lab
Weighing the white isotope

Colette working on the lab


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and looking at the visuals. The way you caption your pictures helps me understand whats actually going on instead of just inferring what part of your post the picture is supposed to match up to.

    ReplyDelete